Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Confiscated Ashera Cat Dies in Custody in NL

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2009/11/giant_cat_dies_after_two_years.php

Dutch News announced on Monday November 16th that the Ashera cat (that had been previously proved via DNA to be an F1 Savannah cat) died in custody of unknown causes. There was not much more information offered, other than an accusation by the buyers of the Ashera cat that the death was not an accident and that authorities were somewhat getting rid of a problem. This doesn't seem based in any real fact, from all reports the facility used for the animals is very efficiently and humanely run.

Also not known is the fate of the other two cats that were confiscated at the same time, the siblings of this cat.

3 comments:

Flamincatdesigns said...

This news makes me very sad. I have an F3 Savannah who is the sweetest cat you would ever find. It is devastating to hear that these cats suffer because of ignorance.

JMP said...

Whatever happened to those poor cats that survived?

australian writings services said...

I am not a cat person and I will never be, I love dogs and I always will. That doesnt means that I want these cats to die, no this does not means that, I feel sorry for the poor cat, I wish it could have been better taken care of.